Are you picking up what I’m putting down?
I really hate being so down and sad but nothing makes me happy anymore.
Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
1. Antonio Douthit-Boyd, Alicia Graf Mack, Jamar Roberts and Kirven Douthit-Boyd
2. Matthew Rushing and Linda Celeste Sims
3. Linda Celeste Sims
4. Artistic Director Robert Battle, Associate Artistic Director Masazumi Chaya and members of the Company
5. Members of the Ailey company with Artistic Director Robert Battle
6. The Company
7. Jacqueline Green
8. Antonio Douthit-Boyd
9. Alicia Graf Mack
10. The Company with Artistic Director Robert Battle
Photos by Andrew Eccles
Quvenzhané Wallis, Keke Palmer and Jaden Smith for Teen Vogue October 2014
Forty-six million white adults today can trace the origins of their family wealth to the Homestead Act of 1862. This bill gave away valuable acres of land for free to white families, but expressly precluded participation by Blacks.
"how do I have privilege?"
JUST IN CASE YOU DIDN’T KNOW.
Today’s the day. The day you help save the internet from being ruined.
(Long story short: The FCC is about to make a critical decision as to whether or not internet service providers have to treat all traffic equally. If they choose wrong, then the internet where anyone can start a website for any reason at all, the internet that’s been so momentous, funny, weird, and surprising—that internet could cease to exist. Here’s your chance to preserve a beautiful thing.)